The first few months of 2014 have been extremely productive for me and for The Experiment contrary to what you may think considering the lack of blog posts lately. I started the process of compiling all of my notes and ideas in one cohesive document in the form of storyboards in December 2013. At the end of March I had finished storyboarding roughly 70 percent (140 pages) of my story. I deliberately stopped there to leave room for growth and change to the climax as I go back and create the final imagery.

In addition to the 140 pages of sequential art, I have finished the first third of the opening sequence animatic. What's even more exciting is that I will send this animatic to a composer who I've been in talks with and who I think will do an incredible job creating the music for the short (assuming he says yes). I have to be mum on the details until everything is wrapped and complete. I don't want to count my eggs before they hatch, but I am really excited about that.

Well, here are a few pages of the storyboards. I've tried to select a few that wouldn't "spoil" parts of the story- assuming things stay close to what I've plotted out here.

Till next time.


Post a Comment


Google+ Followers


About Me

My photo
Hello, I'm Bryant Griffin and I've been a matte painter at ILM for the past 10 years. Welcome to my blog.


This is my journal documenting the development of a sci-fi/adventure Cinematic Graphic Novel- my personal little project. Thanks for visiting.